Aquatic Hydrocotyle Brazilian Pennywort

Bought some Hydrocotyle plant, Brazilian Pennywort near a aquarium shop recently. It is different from what I have in my collection. Hopefully this can be grown inside a low tech tank setup.

Hydrocotyle
The new Hydrocotyle I just bought have an opening in the leaf which look like a heart shape. Took a small piece of it and try to grow them emersed.

Hydrocotyle
The old Hydrocotyle in my collection have a perfect round shape of the leaf. This plants are usually sold in plants nursery instead of aquarium shop.

Hydrocotyle
It is an easy plant that can be grown semi emersed of emersed. I drop some on the lawn and it grew through the piles of rocks.

Hydrocotyle
Both Hydrocotyle in aquarium.

Hydrocotyle
There was one more Hydrocotyle which is smaller in size. In the top middle of this photo.

Hydrocotyle
This small Hydrocotyle are usually seen as garden weed and I am not sure if they can be grown immersed.

Comments