Marsilea Hirsuta

Was looking for this aquatic clover Marsilea Hirsuta for a long time. Water clover are supposely to be found in wet area of Malaysia, but I can't really find them anywhere. So, I just bought some lab grown tissue culture version.

Marsilea Hirsuta Water Clover
Marsilea Hirsuta Water Clover
Marsilea Hirsuta Water Clover

I had planted them both indoor and outdoor. Obviously the indoor one grow much slower, and the one I put inside the tank is the slowest.

Marsilea Hirsuta Water Clover
Marsilea Hirsuta Water Clover

The one that I put outside grow super fast. It start to grow the four leaves emersed form just in a few days after I got it.

Marsilea Hirsuta Water Clover

Marsilea look some how similar with Oxalis (photo above), but they are not the same plants. Oxalis are not aquatic plants, so don't try to put them in your aquarium.

Comments